Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
November 13, 2017 - 4:40 pm
Members present: Chuck Hunt, Wendy Cole, Ruth McNerney, Cindy Lyon, Wilma Bittinger, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch. Absent, Bonita Zimmer
Meeting called to order at 4:40 by Chuck Hunt.
Minutes: September 2017 minutes were reviewed and approved. Secretary Wilma Bittinger will update email list and email meeting minutes to board members in advance of each meeting.
Bills: October and November expense report reviewed & approved on motion by Wilma B., second by Cindy L.
1) Halloween party had a great turn out. Main Street businesses offering treats may have helped attendance.
2) November story time and Lego club were well attended.
3) November 2 Cody Benjamin had a book signing for which the FOL provided treats.
4) Eva attended the Faribault County Library board meeting in Kiester
5) Kiester is changing Tuesday hours from 1:30 - 3pm to 1:00p-3:30p
6) John Miller from TDS installed our server that was being repaired.
7) TDS has increased the numbers of holds patrons may accumulate from 5 to 10. TDS has also added ebook MN to the library catalog. It contains Minnesota authors and photos in digital format. Website: mndigital.org
8) Eva shared circulation stats for other area libraries in 2016 and 2017. There was a decline in some areas.
1) Work continues on the FOL old photo/negative project. All are alphabetized and an index is being typed up with full sales planned for early in 2018.
2) Book Sale was a success taking in a net profit of $369.50
3) Forms for purchasing names on Bookshelf quilt are available in the library and will be advertized on social media. Sales have already begun and are going well. Tim suggested pushing the sales for Christmas gifts.
1) Staffing has some issues as part time employee struggles to keep up. Eva will keep an eye on it.
Expiring Terms for 2 Board Members
Wendy Cole sent an email to the Library Board on November 21, 2017, pointing out that Wilma Bittinger's and Cindy Lyon's terms will be up December 2017. Because we will not have another meeting until January 2018 at which time the terms would already have lapsed, Wendy spoke with Cindy Lyon and Wilma Bittinger by phone, and they are both willing to serve another term on the Library board. "
Motion to adjourn at 5:15. Next meeting January 8, 2018
Wilma Bittinger, Secretary