Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
July 11, 2016 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Wilma Bittinger, Chuck Hunt, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John H.
Minutes: May 2016 minutes were reviewed and approved on a motion by Cindy L, second by Ruth M.
Bills: May/June expense report reviewed and approved on a motion by Cindy L, second by Chuck H.
1) May/June 2016 Stats (Circulation, Users added and Items added information will be available in the future):
2) Friends of the Library: Members voted to provide $1500 towards the library Community Room remodel. A new Free Little Library is now at the front entrance of Ag center next to Little Giants. Friends hosted a Story Walk at the fairgrounds in coordination with the New Horizons Adoption Agency event and will host a library book sale September 15-16-17. Some discussion on a quilt fund raiser and the possibility of a group trip to an Orphan Train play in the future.
3) Teen Advisory Board (T.A.B.) The teens have been busy reading during story time and helping at craft time.
4) Rotation Delivery: All rotation libraries are participating in summer reading program.
5) Traverse Des Sioux: Battle of the books is August 6th in St. Peter. TDS interviewed four candidates for the executive Director position on July 6. Bob Boese reported that cataloging is still making progress on the backlog and is also addressing other issues. The recommendation was to increase library member fees by 3 percent for the next year. The City of Blue Earth budgeted $12,250 for this fee in 2016. A 3% increase would be $12,617.50 for 2017.
6) Chamber booth at Faribault County Fair can be used by library on Tuesday of fair week.
1) Still need more board members. Current members will contact teachers to see if one or more of them would be able to serve.
2) Library remodel continues to be finalized.
Motion to adjourn at 5:02 by Wilma B., second by Cindy L. Next meeting will be September 12, 2016
Wilma Bittinger, Secretary