Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
September 14, 2015 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Wilma Bittinger, Ruth McNerney, Kathy Benz, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John H.
Minutes: August 2015 minutes were reviewed and approved with corrections on a motion by Kathy B., second Ruth M.
Bills: August expense report reviewed and approved on motion by Wilma B., second by Kathy B.
1) The TDS new automation coordinator started September 8th and will be working on getting the automation system bugs fixed and running smoothly.
2) FOL: book sale September 17th and 18th. Little Free Library will be installed at Putnam Park soon. FOL will be working with the 1000 Books Before Kindergarten project. Kerry Ingredients has offered to contribute to this as well. Spanish Language books have been purchased with FOL funds and are being cataloged. Some are already out and ready for patrons to enjoy. FOL will be looking into creating a 'story walk' somewhere in the city, similar to the one set up by the Fairmont Heritage Trail.
3) Staff Sierra training on September 17th in Winnebago, Early Literacy Workshop will be held at Blue Earth County Library on Sept. 22, Circulation Meeting will be held at TDS offices on September 28th and TDS Directors meeting will be in New Ulm.
4) The Mankato Symphony Orchestra will be performing at the library on Saturday September 26 at 1pm.
August 2015 Stats: (Note: TDS can not access ILL borrowed or Loaned statistics yet)
Items added 150
Users added 23
EBook circ 151
ILL Borrowed n/a
ILL Loaned n/a
Zinio circ 4
1) In planning for next year's budget, Tim I. has obtained a quote for a roof maintenance agreement from Kato Roofing for the library building. This includes $200 for inspection, and up to $500 for repairs and cleaning.
1) On a motion from Wilma B. and second by Kathy B. the board voted to make an adjustment to the Constitution of the Blue Earth Community Library. Beginning immediately, board meetings will be held every other month rather than monthly. Consequently, the next board meeting will be held in November.
Motion to adjourn at 4:52. Next meeting will be November 9, 2015.
Wilma Bittinger, Secretary