BLUE EARTH COMMUNITY LIBRARY
Members present: Wilma Bittinger, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 at Putnam Park by Tim Ibisch.
Minutes: June 2015 minutes were not available but will be reviewed and approved at August meeting.
Bills: June expense report reviewed and approved on motion by Cindy L., second by Ruth M.
1) City of Blue Earth is adopting a Social Media Policy. Copies were made available to the board for
2) Operation Paperback: BE Library is participating in this organization which provides books for
3) TDS Membership fee for 2016 will be less than 2015.
4) Faribault County is again paying for the countywide subscription to Overdrive (ebooks).
5) TDS has given each library $137.76 for the summer reading program. Money was from the Spring
6) Library is scheduled for a bandwidth upgrade and switch over on July 17th.
7) TDS has given a preview of their newly designed website. The web address is still tdslib.org.
8) County librarians are having story time at the old school house at the fairgrounds Tuesday through
May 2015 Stats (Note: TDS cannot access ILL borrowed or loaned statistics yet)
2) A draft of the 2016 budget was shared with the board.