Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
May 11, 2015 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John Huisman.
Minutes: March and April 2015 minutes were reviewed and approved.
Bills: April expense report reviewed and approved.
1) Eva reported on the Kiester library changes and said they will be finished and open soon.
2) The summer reading program preparations continue. June 2 grades k-5 will visit the library to hear about the summer reading program. The library is partnering with the police, fire and EMT's this summer for "Hero of the Day". A representative from each public safety area will visit the library.
In July there will be a super hero training camp.
3) Faribault County Library Board has adjusted their statistics formula for external charges. The total amount remains the same but the division of funds changed slightly.
April 2015 Stats (some missing because of issues with new automation system)
Items added 106
Users added 15
Ebook circ 136
ILL borrowed ?
ILL Loaned ?
Zinio circ 0
1) Renovation of Community Room is still under discussion by the Friends of the Library board. Tim suggested that concrete ideas be developed soon so that requests for help from other groups for funding can begin.
2) Eva will check to see if TC Players has paid for use of the library basement for this year.
Motion to adjourn at 4:48. Next meeting will be June 8, 2015.
Wilma Bittinger, Secretary