Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
April 13, 2015 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John Huisman.
Minutes: March 2015 minutes were unavailable and will be reviewed at the May meeting.
Bills: March expense report reviewed and approved.
1) Eva reported on the Orphan Train presentation by author and historian Renee Wendinger. About 40 people attended the event and the FOL provided bars. The next event in the series will be a presentation of a documentary on the history of the Orphan Train on Friday, March 17.
2) Eva received the documents establishing FOL as a sub-fund of the Blue Earth Community Foundation and they were signed by FOL president, Sue Ellingsen and BECF representative, John Huisman.
3) The summer reading program preparations continue.
4) Both patrons and library staff continue to become familiar with the new automation system from TDS.
March 2015 Stats (some missing because of issues with new automation system)
Items added 340
Users added 5
Ebook circ 164
ILL borrowed ?
ILL Loaned ?
Zinio circ 2
1) Drivers License testing will no longer be done in the library community room after May 7th. Other groups who have also used the room in the past (about 70 meetings per year) will be notified that it will no longer be available. Consequently Friends of the Library and the Library board will begin working on developing specific plans to re-purpose the room.
1) Eva proposed that the library hours be altered on Thursdays to open at 10:00 AM instead of 8:30 AM since the drivers license testing is no longer being held at the library and very few library patrons come that early. The board moved to approve this change and motion carried.
2) Eva received a thank-you from author Renee Wendinger for allowing her to present her Orphan Train lecture and publicize her books on the subject.
Motion to adjourn at 5:01. Next meeting will be May 11, 2015.
Wilma Bittinger, Secretary