Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
February 9, 2015 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Wilma Bittinger, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John Huisman.
Minutes: January 2015 minutes were approved.
Bills: January expense report reviewed and approved.
1) Staff continues to weed library shelves of dated/unused materials.
2) New automation system should be functional Feb. 12. Until then library materials put on hold or checked out will have to be recorded in handwritten ledgers.
3) In partnership with Muir Library in Winnebago, Blue Earth Library is hosting a community read this spring using the book Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline.
4) Eva is collecting 2014 statistics and preparing for the 2014 annual report.
5) The library will be closed Monday Feb. 16th for Presidents' Day.
January 2015 Stats
Items Added 82
Users Added 21
Ebook circ 183
ILL borrowed 37
ILL Loaned 48
Zinio Circ 2
1) County Library Board Secretary, Andy Moen, was suggested as being as a good representative from Faribault County to TDS meetings.
1) DMV has requested that drivers testing be changed from 3 times a month to 1 Wednesday per month, starting May 1st. Library board members agreed that this would be a good time to see if they would like to move the testing facility to the Ag Center so that the library can better utilized the Community Room for extra computer space or other options to be discussed later.
2) Book storage has become a problem and there was some discussion about storing them at the garage at City Hall. Cindy and Eva will check into having Sentence to Serve people help with the recycling process which requires all covers of unused books to be removed.
3) New board members are still needed Jan Schaffer may be a candidate.
Motion to adjourn at 4:55. Next meeting will be March 9, 2014.