Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
December 8, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Cindy Lyon, Ruth McNerney, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John Huisman.
Minutes: November minutes were approved.
Bills: November expense report reviewed and approved.
1) Library staff will receive training in the iii Sierra which is the new automation system TDS is implementing. Eva purchased 4 new tables for the community room and a TV for the library. Total cost of $1399. $1300 was budgeted for the items, so the difference will be made up from donations. Eva will write up a usage policy for the TV, to prevent abuses.
2) Eva is checking usage reports to decide which items should be removed from the library shelves to make room for new items.
3) The new automation system will go on-line in February. The staff has access now to familiarized themselves with the system.
1) Book sale and membership drive held for the Friends of the Library raised $427.50. Of that, $325 was memberships and the rest was from the sale of used books.
2) John reported on a grant application from SMIF that could provide matching funds up to $4000 for technology through the Friends of the Library.
New Business: None
Motion to adjourn at 4:55. Next meeting will be January 12, 2014.