Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
November 10, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Members present: John Huisman, Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Sue Ellingsen, Cindy Lyon, and Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Tim Ibisch.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John Huisman.
Minutes: October minutes were approved.
Bills: September expense report reviewed and approved.
1) Library staff will receive training in the iii Sierra which is the new automation system TDS is implementing. The first migration of data to this new system occurred in October. Eva is working on database clean-up of expired library cards and item inventory in anticipation of the new system.
2) Eva is pricing 6 new meeting room tables and TVs. The budgeted amount for these items is $1300.
3) TDS has contracted a new vendor for anti-virus software which will entail a switch from Mcafee & AVG to Avast.
4) Library Holiday closings include November 11, Veterans Day and November 27, 28, and 29th for Thanksgiving.
5) Friends of the Library will hold a fund raiser book sale on November 14th from 8:30 am to 8 pm.
Items added 97
Users added 30
Ebook circulation 133
ILL borrowed 26
ILL loaned 50
Zinio Circulation 34
1. Friends of the Library met and elected officers. Sue Ellingsen will be President, Secretary-Eva Gaydon and Treasurer-Wilma Bittinger.
1. Board voted to recommend Ruth McNerney be approved as a new member of the Library Board.
Motion to adjourn at 4:42. Next meeting will be December 8, 2014.