Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
October 13, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Members present: Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Sue Ellingson, Cindy Lyon, and Director Eva Gaydon
Meeting called to order at 4:25 by Sue Ellingson substituting for John Huisman who was unable to attend.
Minutes: September minutes were approved.
Bills: September expense report reviewed and approved.
1. Costume party will be held on October 31st. Library board members were asked to donate baked goods or candy for the party.
2. Eva set up a website for the FOL at beclfriends.org. Friends of the Library will hold a book sale the week of Nov. 14. Eva will provide posters about the sale for the students at BEA schools and the chamber FOL November meeting will be November 10 at 4 PM followed immediately by the Library Board meeting.
3. MN Library Assoc. conference was attended by Janet Gaylord, Corinne Eckhardt and Tracy Kutsi on October 8th and 9th.
4. TDS has hired a temporary migration coordinator to transition to the new automated system which is projected to ‘go live’ in February 2015.
5. Eva’s class on self-publishing on October 8 was well attended and board member Wilma, who took the class, felt the hand-outs were very helpful and the class was very informative.
Items added 154
Users added 24
Ebook circulation 127
ILL borrowed 18
ILL loaned 43
Zinio Circulation 4
1. A motion was made and passed by the board to approve the preliminary budget which has been presented to the City Council for consideration. This includes an increase in spending of 4.73 % over the current year.
1. Ideas for new board members were discussed and members will try to make contact with possible candidates.
Motion to adjourn at 4:55. Next meeting will be November 10, 2014.