Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
July 14, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Members present: Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Sue Ellingsen, John Huisman, Doris Kessel, Cindy Lyon, Director Eva Gaydon and Acting City Administrator Todd Bodem
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John
Minutes: June minutes were approved.
Bills: June expense report reviewed and approved.
1. TDS library directors voted for a new automation system. Final negotiations will begin with Innovative Interfaces, Inc. (III)
2. Front entry of library has been revamped with decorative wall sconces and donated sesquicentennial print of one of Dr. Anderson’s photos.
3. Faribault County libraries will share a booth at the Faribault County Fair.
4. July 17th, program for children making according books presented by MN center for book arts.
5. Adult summer reading program includes a tic tac toe challenge sheet.
6. Some travel books are available for sale at the Red Barn to benefit the Friends of the Library.
7. June Stats:
Items added 141
Users added 53
Ebook circulation 171
ILL borrowed 16
ILL loaned 54
Zinio Circulation 4
1. Friends of the Library: Blue Earth Community Foundation board approved association with Friends of Library as a sub-fund. FOL needs to register the new group with the State following the guidelines from SMIF. John will make arrangements for a member of SMIF to attend a library board meeting and provide us with further information.
1. Budget discussion: Increased dollars for computers, ideas as to which category would be appropriate for the cost of the needed new server – Capital expense? Changes will be reviewed at August board meeting.
2. Motion to adjourn was made at 5:20 and carried unanimously. Next meeting tentatively set for August 11, 2014, depending on when the SMIF representative is available.