Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
May 12, 2014 - 4:30 pm
Members present: Kathy Benz, Wilma Bittinger, Lenny Clement, Sue Ellingsen, John Huisman, Doris Kessel, Cindy Lyon, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Kathy Bailey
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John
Minutes: April minutes were approved.
Bills: April expense report reviewed and approved.
1. Summer Reading program registration starts June 3rd with categories for children, teens and adults.
2. Book sale of used library books was held April 25 and 26. Turnout was good. $154.05 was raised.
3. Author Jennifer Schwertfeger held a book signing at the library on April 28th for her book Life with Grace.
4. K-5 children will be making a field trip to the library on May 29th in the morning. Smokey the Bear will visit the library that same day at 4pm. 6th graders will visit on May 30th.
5. January Stats:
Items added 119
Users added 15
Ebook circulation 159
ILL borrowed 30
ILL loaned 72
Zinio Circulation 2
1. Friends of the Library: The core group working on forming a FOL for Blue Earth will have their first meeting on Wednesday, May 28th at 2 pm. The group includes Sue Ellingsen, Cindy Lyon, Kathy Benz and Wilma Bittinger. Each person will try to bring at least one more interested person to the first meeting.
1. TDS will have their annual gathering on May 29th at the Indian Island Winery.
2. Zinio contract renewal time. 28 pages of magazines from which to choose. A limit has now been established on how many times an e-magazine can be checked out each month. The number varies depending on the popularity of the magazine. Eva will make choices based on previous usage.
3. TDS newsletter is available on line if anyone is interested. Eva has seen a demo of their new search engine and it is impressive.
4. Annual Report is being prepared. Circulation is up over last year. Children’s has dropped just slightly but adult numbers increased.
5. Lenny Clement announced his resignation from the board due to his family’s upcoming move to Iowa.
Motion to adjourn was made at 5:09 and carried unanimously. Next meeting will be June 9, 2014