Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
November 11, 2013 - 4:30 pm
Members present: Sue Ellingsen, Wilma Bittinger, John Huisman, Lenny Clement, Doris Kessel, Kathleen Benz, Director Eva Gaydon and City Administrator Kathy Bailey
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John
June minutes were approved.
Reviewed and approved
1. Costume party was successful. Smaller group in attendance due to other city wide parties offered.
2. Writers' Workshop had 24 in attendance. Eva will give final financial report on the workshop at December board meeting.
3. Traverse des Sioux has a new assistant director, Orrin Ausen. He was the librarian at Bethany Lutheran College in Mankato before taking the TDS position.
4. TDS Directors' meeting discussed the new automation system interface.
5. September and October Stats
Circulation 2398 2804
Items Added 192 169
Users Added 27 40
Ebook circ 132 144
ILL borrowed 43 29
ILL loaned 53 52
Zinio Circulation 33 (most use of any participating libraries)
Brainstorming session based on SWOT (Strengths, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats to Library) was led by Kathy Bailey. A summary of the ideas will be drawn up and presented to the board.
Motion to adjourn was made at 5:35 and carried unanimously. Next meeting will be December 9 2013