Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
July 8, 2013 - 4:30 pm
Members present: Sue Ellingsen, Wilma Bittinger, John Huisman, Lenny Clement and Director Eva Gaydon
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John
June minutes were approved.
Reviewed and approved minus the amount for Safety Management Program which Eva believes was included in error. She will check on getting it charged to the appropriate department
1. Summer reading program is in its 5th week. Tracy is still recovering from surgery but has come in as much as possible.
2. Eva is planning on a photo op with the BE Community Library Board and members of the Faribault County Historical Society with the new microfilm machine. She will let the board members know when a time is finalized.
3. The library will again have a presence at the Faribault County Fair. Eva has rented a dunk tank as an activity and is looking for community members to volunteer to sit on the dunk chair for a shift. The County Attorney has already volunteered to take a shift and is also looking into any liability issues that need to be taken care of before anyone actually takes the job.
4. Traverse des Sioux sent out the annual fee for next year. Blue Earth will see a decrease but expects to have the amount go up with the addition of Zinio magazines subscriptions. Eva is hoping to get more detailed instructions for using Zinio as patrons will need help learning the check-out procedure.
5. June Stats
Items Added 133
Users Added 57
Ebook circ 186
ILL borrowed 29
ILL loaned 42
1. Sue introduced a motion, seconded by Wilma to seek the addition of two library board members by the August 12 board meeting. By Monday July 15, posters will be hung at the library entrance and at the desk. The information will be posted on the library Facebook page and if feasible, a note will be run in the Faribault County Register. Application forms will be available on line and with hard copies prominently placed on the checkout desk at the library.
Motion to adjourn was made at 5:08 and carried unanimously. Next meeting will be August 12, 2013