Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
April 8, 2013
Members present: John Huisman, Lenny Clement, Sue Ellingsen, Wilma Bittinger, Kathleen Benz, Doris Kessel, and Director Eva Gaydon.
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John.
Minutes: March minutes were approved on motion by Sue, second by Kathleen.
Bills: Approved on motion by Sue, second by
Eva shared a written Director’s Report with the board and the contents were discussed;
1. Head Start students will be touring the library on April 12 and share a story time.
2. The library book sale is April 16-18. Eva has put an ad in the local paper and is asking for volunteers from the board to help out on those days between 10 and 7.
3. Magician Brian Richards will be performing at the library on April 20th, thanks to a grant from TDS.
4. April 23 is World Book Night. Any board members who would like to help hand out books to non-readers or light readers in the community can let Eva know.
5. The summer reading program events are planned and Eva is working on a brochure. Stacy has planned the younger children’s activities and Amanda is taking care of the teens.
6. The TDS delivery meeting was rescheduled for April 10th.
7. March stats: ILL-loaned-55, borrowed 42 items
EBook checkouts – 126
New library cards issued – 26
Library items added – 106
Feb. circulation – 2817
Writers’ Conference; Eva has contacted several authors and is waiting for confirmation on their availability. TDS is now accepting applications for grants and Eva will apply for one to help with expenses for the conference. She is also working on a form letter to local businesses asking for their support in this venture.
Plans for the school children to visit the library in May are in the works. This year they will be asked to bring donations for the food pantry for which rewards will be given.
Because Eva will be on vacation at the time of the next regularly scheduled meeting, May’s board meeting has been moved to Tuesday May 7th and will only be held if there is business that needs to be taken care of. Eva will email board members by May 3rd to confirm that.
Motion to adjourn was made at 4:47 and carried unanimously.