Blue Earth Community Library
Library Board Minutes
June 25, 2012
Members present: John Huisman, Sue Ellingsen, Kathleen Benz, Wilma Bittinger, and Director Eva Gaydon
Meeting called to order at 4:30 by John
May minutes were approved.
1. Summer reading program is going well. Making new friends on Facebook page.
2. The Library Staff continues to attend the monthly safety meetings
3. Elmore’s new library will have an open house on June 30th.
4. Eva and Heidi Schutt from the Winnebago library continue to make plans for the Faribault Co. Fair information booth and Staci is working on the activities for kids that will include painting tee shirts.
1. Plans continue for the up coming writers workshop to be held Sept 8th. The name of the workshop event, Blue Earth River Writers Workshop was approved by the board on a motion by Sue, second by Kathleen. The charge to participate will be $25.00 for the entire day including lunch and Blue Earth Graphics will be asked to make up posters to advertize the event.
Eva read the mission statement for the conference which included helping writers to find their voice and set goals.
Four presenters are confirmed: Frank Burris-Travel writing, Kate St. Vincent Vogel-creative writing, John Resmerski-Poetry, and Carolyn Smith-memories and family histories. John Resmerski will also speak during the lunch period. Eva hopes to get a couple more, including someone who can speak on blogging.
A tentative schedule for the conference was created with meet and greet at 8:30 AM, followed by the morning sessions at 9 AM. Lunch will be at 11:45 with the afternoon sessions starting at 1PM.
2. Eva shared a color chart for the awning that will be used to replace the present exterior signage. Something that looks appropriate with the already existing
Motion to adjourn was made at 5:10 and carried unanimously. Next meeting will be July 9, 2012